Friday, February 22, 2008

"New worlds to explore, new promises to fulfill, new dreams to dream."


I'll miss you lot, all of you. (4E2 2007)

I received the MOE posting results 6 in the morning. "MOE: Congrats Tan You Jing, you are posted to TEMASEK POLY, BUSINESS/LOGISTICS & OPS MGT/ MKTG (T01) under 2008 JAE." I thought to myself that this couldn't be happening, (it was my 5th choice, I wanted to get into accountancy so badly) so I went back to sleep. I woke up again and realised it was reality, not a dream. Tp's Business, come to think about it, isn't that bad afterall. I can't wait to meet new people, cute guys!!! however, I'm separated from lots. Jasmine/Khai in CJ, Huijing/Mandy in RP, Huina in YJ, Win in NY... this is growing up I guess?

Four years ago, we met our new Best Friends. Four years ago, we had a crush on a cute guy. Four years ago, we were saying "O's still so long way to go!" Four years ago, we couldn't wait to grow up. Three years ago, we got to know more people. No longer the lowly freshman, we had a new attitude. We expanded our circle of friends. Three years ago we couldn't wait to get older. Two years ago, we started talking about O's again, thinking it was still far from us, but it'll happen soon. Two years ago, we skipped school, we rebelled, and we learned. Two years ago, we still couldn't wait to get older. One year ago, we were seniors in school. One year ago, we still had the same best friend and cherished time spent with them. the long awaited O's had finally arrived and then it came our prom & graduation. It was the last time we'll all be together, recognised as the class 4E2 of 2007.

Now, I realise that time really does fly & that I could have waited to get older. time somehow slipped away. Saying good-bye to our friends. Maybe for a short time... maybe forever. Now we are getting excited about starting over, getting sad about what we will leave behind, getting anxious to move on. Now I realise just how important our best friends are, how much fun we really did have in the four years. Now I wish I could be younger. I wish I could have taken the time to appreciate every moment, to slow down time. Now we bid good-bye.

In one year time or a few years time, we'll return as different people, & I hope our friendship will still remain as strong.

2007 had been the most amazing year for me. I'll do anything to live the year again.

No comments: